Sunday, May 20, 2012

Good Girls Go to Heaven, Bad Girls Go to Brugge


Today we went to Brugge, Belgium! It was a very interesting city. I’m glad we finally got to wander around on our own. I stayed with Kelly and Famous, and we went all over the place! We went in every little shop we could find open on a Sunday. I spent way too much money!

We went to the Chocolate Museum as a group, but it really wasn’t what I expected. I bought a bunch of chocolate for all of my friends and family. I got dark chocolate for Mom because that is her favorite, milk chocolate for Mrs. Harp, and some sugar free chocolate for my boyfriend’s mom, Kim. I sure hope they enjoy!

Image

Kelly, Famous, and I also found the wall of a thousand beers! It had every Belgian beer displayed.

Image

I also had my first Belgian waffle!

Image

Overall it was a very good, but tiring, day. I’m still missing home, but I am a lot more optimistic about my stay here. We’ll be away as a group on the weekends, and we will be actually traveling on June 7, so I think time will really fly. Everything is so beautiful here, but I’m an Arkansas girl at heart. I look forward to actually starting our work at ILVO tomorrow, though.

Greetz!

No comments:

Post a Comment