Thursday, May 24, 2012

pajama change!


I know I have been here for quite some time now because… tonight was my first pajama change! You may be confused… I packed 3 pairs of pajamas for my trip to Belgium (1 pair/week)… now that I have changed to a new set, I know that this trip is moving right along.

We got a lot of work done today, a budget was created and I found some images that we can use for our posters. However, there was a minor setback today and I thought I was going to lose it… my temper that is.

My group has been planning our portion of this event for a total of 4 days. Every single day we have had the same concept in mind, and we have been further developing that model as the week progressed. This morning we had our overview polished up, so we sent it electronically to every division of the animal science/agricultural technology unit (dairy, beef, swine, rabbits, poultry, fisheries, technology). We wanted them to see what we had in mind so that we could begin compiling their research and translating it so that a normal person could understand.

Everyone had just become well aware of our plan when all of the sudden… [name] decides he wants to change it!!!!! I got so frustrated, but I couldn’t lose my temper because we were with one of the ILVO scientists and that would have not been professional. He decided that our design would not work because there wasn’t enough room so he was going to remove the barrier that would control traffic flow. I was so mad because we literally have 8 days left to put as much of this together as we can before it is all left to him and [name] to finish.

At the end of the day we did change things, but not in a way that will mess up the flow. I am happy with the change that we did make. We ended up moving the pigs into another barn, so the crowd will have that entire barn of space to look at the cows. I know this probably doesn’t make sense to most of you reading this, but I’m glad you let me vent to you. I’m always trying to control my temper and not freak out instantly.

Aside from all of this stress, today was a beautiful day. It was warm and sunny. After looking at the barns, I sneaked out to the baby cows. In Belgium, they are raised in these little crates that look like dog houses for cows… so cute!


One more day of work and then we leave for PARIS!!!!!! Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Montmartre… they’re all calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment