Friday, May 25, 2012

Italian Aromas


As I sit at the dining room table, writing, sweet Italian aromas are coming from the kitchen… we’re having pizza tonight! One thing that is different here in Europe is that each person gets their own pizza. They do not make one big pizza to share. So, every time we eat pizza, we all get our own – it’s probably the size of a medium pizza back home. I haven’t eaten since lunch, so hopefully I’ll be able to finish it this time! I like the pizza better here though, because they have better cheeses! 

Tomorrow we leave for Paris!! I look forward to seeing the Eiffel Tower. I also love riding the train because it is the best way to see the scenery of the cities. It will be really fun when we go to London next weekend because we get to go through the tunnel under the English Channel. I wonder if if will be dark the whole time, or if they will have lights in the tunnel? 

After I eat dinner tonight, we’re going to the park to hang out and then maybe go for a drink. I’m glad our group is hanging out so much. It’s only when I’m alone in my bedroom at night that I start to get really homesick. But time is flying by! We’ve been here for almost 10 days – halfway done! 

I’m getting a little stressed though, because we only have 7 more working days to get everything done. I’ve got my outline complete for the sustainability plan that I’m in charge of, so now I’m just waiting for my contact at ILVO to approve my plan. Then I get to start the fun stuff, making the video! I’ve been playing with PowerPoint a little bit today, but my transitions have gotten all messed up and I’m getting a little peeved with my technology. 

Oh well, I’ll have the weekend to relax and get ready for another week of working. 

Better start practicing my French…

Au revoir!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment