Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pajama Change! Pt. 2


Tonight is my final pajama change! Woo! Time really has flown this past week. I can’t wait to go home and see my family :)

I worked really hard today and threw some layouts down for my posters. I’m really happy with my landscape poultry poster, but I’m not really pleased with how the portrait rabbit poster is looking. I sent the sustainability researchers my rough video, and right before work was over they sent me an email of massive proportions with suggestions. I just shut my computer… it can wait until tomorrow.

After work we went to a poultry farm! This made me very happy, only we didn’t get to see any real chickens :( Biosecurity really puts a damper on my chicken craze. Once we left the farm, we went to Stuart’s host family’s farm for pizza! It was yummy. I’ve learned something interesting about Belgian culture though… they like to put eggs on everything. Breakfast, salad… even pizzas. I got a slice of pepperoni pizza and it had a big egg smack dab in the middle! Let’s just say Flicka, the dog, was very happy with my generosity. ;)

The day after tomorrow we go to London! It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go to the location of the upcoming Olympic games just weeks before they begin. I am really hoping I can get my precious nephew, Beckett, something sports-related while we’re there. How cool would that be? To have something from the Olympic games? I think super cool! I’m a little nervous about staying in a hostel though. The name itself just sounds intimidating. We’ll only be there one night, so it should be ok.

Once we get back, only 3 more days!!! It’s so close I can taste it. I have had such a good experience in Europe, but it will be so nice to be back on my home soil. The only downside is a 10 hour plane ride… giddy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment