Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Eureka!


Eureka! I have found it! After today’s meeting with the small animal group, I have found knowledge! And you know what they say… knowledge is bliss.

After spending 2 hours ironing out the kinks, I am now 100% sure of each of my creative works! I think it really helped that I had a background in poultry because I was able to give my own insight into the discussion between the researchers.

Tomorrow is going to be busy, busy because I will finally be starting the actual layouts for my creative works. I’ve got 2 posters and 1 video that I must complete in basically 4 1/2 days! At least all of this work will keep me busy, and I’ll be home soon.

I think I will be able to complete everything in my area before I leave, and I hope that I can, because I don’t want to leave Arthur and Maggie Jo with so much work to do on their own.

Side note… my right arm is so sore today after our Japanese drumming session. I didn’t think that simply swinging your arms could be so much work, but boy was I wrong!

We just got done having dinner, and it was delicious! It was a baked dish that had a layer of savory hamburger meat, diced carrots, and then a thick layer of mashed potatoes on top. I had like 3 servings and I think I will try to take some in my lunch tomorrow.

During dinner, Elyne shared some really interesting information about college in Europe. I was asking about how much it cost to go to school here in Belgium and she said that she had to pay a one-time fee each year of about 600 euros and then she had to buy her books, which were approximately 60 euros apiece. That means in a year she only has to spend about 1,500 euros!!! She was blown away when I told her that my college cost $20,000 without books. And what’s interesting is that she said that applies to all professional schools as well, so she could become a doctor with the same costs! I told her me and Josh might have to move to Europe for my medical school! ;)

Now it’s time for shower, bed, and another productive day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment