Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crunch Time


Today is our first day back to work since Paris. It’s a little hard trying to get back into the swing of things after being gone for 3 days. I had a meeting with Sophie Huysveld to discuss the outline I developed for her sustainability model. She agreed with most of the things that I said, but she had a few minor suggestions that will not be hard to implement. I had thought that it would be best to start with the cow and its outputs and work backwards to the inputs, but she wanted the inputs to be first… no big deal. I am confident that we can turn her complicated model into a short video that will be understandable by the public.

Kelly and I had a little tiff this morning. I was still holding a grudge from yesterday when I got left behind in the store, so I said something bitchy to her and of course she got mad right back at me. I really don’t like conflict, so I immediately felt bad after it happened. I didn’t really know what to do to make it better. I had really just wanted them to acknowledge what happened and apologize for it. I understand it wasn’t on purpose, but it would have been nice just to know that they didn’t mean to. I think we were both just in a bad mood this morning, though, because tonight we talked some and it was ok.

After work, we went with Famous’ host dad, Stephen, to do JAPANESE DRUMMING! It was so cool! When I first heard about it I thought that we would be watching a show, but NO NO NO, we had to learn to do it ourselves! It was so crazy! Check it out!


My arms are a little sore now. Right when our session was about to be over, the actual band showed up, so they watched us do the whole song. They clapped, so I assume we didn’t suck too bad. My host dad and Arthur’s host dad picked me up and we went home and had some yummy rotisserie chicken! They have cucumbers with almost every meal, too, which I love because they are one of my favorite vegetables!

Tomorrow it’s more work, but only 8 days left! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment