Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm a little nervous...


I’m a little nervous about my upcoming trip to Belgium because, as of now, I DON’T HAVE A HOST FAMILY! They had everyone’s families lined out, but then mine unexpectedly bailed out on me… Our contact in Belgium emailed us an excel spreadsheet with our host family contact information, and next to my name it said NEED FAMILY HERE. You can see why I am nervous.

Miriam, our contact in Belgium, told me that if she couldn’t find me a family to stay with that I would be placed with a family that was already housing one of my classmates. This gives me some reassurance, as I now know that I won’t be living in a cardboard box on the side of the road, but I’m still hoping for my own family. I feel like I will get a more authentic experience if I have my own family.

I’m also worried that maybe my personality is off-putting. Why would my host family bail out? Is it me?

Oh well, I still have time…

No comments:

Post a Comment