Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Delirium Tremens


Today was our last full day of work, yippee! :) I finished both of my posters and got the storyboard/script complete for my sustainability video. After work we toured the Pink Elephant Brewery. This was a really cool way to “end” my time here in Belgium because the pink elephant was the beer I had on my first night in Belgium. My host dad was loving the tour, too, because he loves beer! It was so funny watching him ask all the questions like a giddy schoolgirl. I was really bummed out at the end of the tour because they didn’t take cards and I had no cash. No pink elephant merchandise for me :(


After the brewery tour, we went to our farewell dinner with the host families. Miriam wanted us to have a typical Belgian meal. We had 3 courses. The first course was a delicious lobster bisque! I had seconds! The main course was a different story.


I enjoyed the meats on the back of the plate. The asparagus wrapped in ham was a little weird, and I was not about to eat honeydew melon wrapped in Italian bacon. Lucky I filled up on soup. For dessert we had ice cream with strawberries, YUM! Each of us then had to do a presentation of our time in Belgium. My favorite presentation was Stuart’s because he showed the comparisons between Belgium and America. I’ve come to realize that Belgium does it better, but America does it BIGGER!

Then for entertainment purposes we called the hogs and sang the fight song! Our host families really got a kick out of that!


I think I will sleep good tonight! I can’t believe tomorrow is my last day in Belgium! I’m hoping to get a lot of goodies in Gent. The real challenge will come tomorrow night when I’m having to fit all of my cool finds in my little suitcase. Wish me luck! See you soon, America! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment